Changes

I like change- as long as I am in control and I feel safe. (Probably 'cause I was locked in the  house for so long) I get bored easily so, as I get more comfortable with the internet, I'll be making changes-constant changes. 

I've started my life, learned to make my own decisions.

About Me

I am trying to find the good in life. I am working toward being an accomplished young woman, mother, and wife.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Hi!

Okay, I am back. Last Monday I went to my first group meeting for PTSD
that's how they abreviate what I was diagnosed with. It was about asking
for help.I realized that one of the main reasons if not the main reason
why I have trouble asking for help is because I have PTSD. Kind of makes sense one thing would be linked with the other. Anyway, they talked about building a community and that was my commitment for this
week.
So, my community consists of:
Dani,
my dad
David
Cuby
and that's it. There is no one else to add to this list. Which is sad and pathetic, a 22 year old has a community of four men, no wonder I felt so lost both times I was pregnant. I mean, I had more than enough people to go for a gallon of chocholate Dryers ice cream or an Eegees or even a Jamba Juice, but no one who understood what was really going on.
In order to build my community I have to meet people. And in order to meet people, I have to be me. And in order to be me I have to speak up, so when on my crochet group someone asked for ways to make money, I emailed her and suggested a charm bracelet whose charms can be taken off to be used as stitch markers.  She liked it. So did I.

On another note, I want to thank you for reading these ramblings and making such nice comments. They really help when I am down. And they did say that you feel worse before you feel better, so I guess I am getting better!haha
I've been bored lately so I tackled cabels in knitting and made two purses with those, just combined the cables with posts and they turned out cute. Now if I could only figure out how to do a cable in crochet. 
I've also been playing around with quilling and drawing. And writing, my other big passion other than being creative.

Today a friend was kindly given a free trip back to his home country by our wonderful govenment. I will miss him dearly, and so will his two year old girl. Saul, God be with you. I'll watch over Stephanie for you. I will post pictures of her sometimes so that you can see her grow.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the biggest help in dealing with a problem is being part of a group of others who are dealing with the same problem, folks who KNOW what you are going through because they are going through it too. And this is huge because it means you are not alone.
I really wish I had met you while your were pregnant, you would have had at least girlfriend who has "been there". Guys just don't get so much of what goes on. Like watching your body turn into someone else. Not being able to see your toes. Not really understanding what it is to feel your baby kick and move INSIDE YOU. Amazing.

I am very sorry to hear about your friend, that is so sad. Is there any chance of him coming back?

Anonymous said...

P.S. I would like to apply to be added to your list of community. I know it takes time to be friends, as it should. That said, I am only an email away if you need a girl to talk to. You are always in my prayers. I'm here if you need me.

Blog Archive