Changes

I like change- as long as I am in control and I feel safe. (Probably 'cause I was locked in the  house for so long) I get bored easily so, as I get more comfortable with the internet, I'll be making changes-constant changes. 

I've started my life, learned to make my own decisions.

About Me

I am trying to find the good in life. I am working toward being an accomplished young woman, mother, and wife.

Sunday, February 4, 2007

progress

Two weeks ago my group therapy session was about asking for help. Today I did just that and I 
am very proud of myself! David called to ask if we were at home, see, yesterday Dani and I went 
with him so that he could buy a laptop. And he wanted to come over to use the internet at my 
house. I said yeah we're here, then I asked him where he was at and he said that he was at his 
aunt's house, and why? And I  said 'cause I was going to ask you to stop and get a card at the 
computer store. He's like sure what kind? And that was how I asked for help -well a favor. And the  best part is that I didn't even think about it! I just did it.
Last week we talked about taking care of ourselves and last night when I told Dani that I needed to
learn to develop the skills to take care of myself so that I can convince myself that I am worth of being cared for he told me that he was going to help me and that the first thing we had to do is to make our environment nurturing so that I could learn to take care of myself. So today we got rid of a bookcase that we had left right in front of the door on a previous attempt to move it out and because of its position in the house it had become a catch all. So we emptied it out and got rid of it. Then, we put my computer on the big desk -which was supposed to be for Dani's desktop, but because its now a laptop, he doesn't need that much room. And in the process we decided to put 
in a 2.0 usb into my computer and somehow, my keyboard and mouse -which are bluetooth got 
disconected and now I can't use it-until David brings his keyboard and mouse so that I can re- install mine. So, he let me borrow his laptop. David is like my brother,Alexis Gonzalez. I've been looking for him all my life, my big brother, and without my knowledge I found my little brother, not because of blood, but becase he has decided to be my friend and that gives him the place of my brother. He was the one that took Daniel to the hospital the day that Iva was born and he was the one that gave Dani and Daniel rides to and from the hospital and dinner. David made late night runs for us when I was getting better and before Iva was born. He would come over every other day just to make sure that Iva and I were doing well. I have never in my life met someone who was so kind and considerate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you what a blessing friends are, and yes my dear, you are worth having friends and worth taking care of yourself. I think we are our harshest critics and we need to surround ourselves with people who will build us up.

Me said...

Thanks Tracey, that's exactly what I am learning to do. And I am trying to acept that my criticism is biased.

Blog Archive